Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Laundry

I don't love the laundry, but I like it best when I do it.  My shirts get hung right away, and so do Hubby's-so no ironing is needed : ) I watch for stains, things get folded just how I want them... yes, I am a bit of a laundry control freak... I have this beautiful laundry sorter that we got at Costco that was worth every penny (especially since I waited patiently 4 months for a $10 coupon on it!) plus I have this strict policy of 1 LOAD PER DAY , but somedays I still seem to miss something we need... like when hubby runs out of undershirts... I know I shouldn't feel as though I'm an inferior home maker for not sending him off in a pristine bleached white undershirt... but some how I do.  So I made this:



I place it in the neatly folded stack of undershirts, then when there are just two left, he puts it on my nightstand-giving me just the time warning I need so I don't feel like I've fallen down on the job!  

Thanks to Beckie for talking about her "Reminder Board" for reminding me about this handy idea!

3 comments:

  1. that's awesome! I'm a laundry control freak as well. I love to hear how people do it and keep it all under control. I do ALL clothes on Mondays. That's what works for me to make sure we have what we need. Towels, sheets, etc happen sometime during the rest of the week.

    Love your sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sign to warn you!
    I'm a load a day type of person too. and typically my first chore of the day.
    And probably once a year you'll see me at the laundry mat doing 10 loads at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sue--how is it that I have missed your blog for so long?! I had fun running all over it and reading posts :) this one has a really great tip--I love it! do you mind if I add you to my blogroll?

    ReplyDelete